Home remedies for diarrhea or colitis
Diarrhea occurs with constant liquid evacuations and abdominal pain, which produces that we lost important water and minerals that help our organism to function.
There are several natural remedies, quite effective ones that help relieving the intestinal inflammation and its symptoms.
También te puede interesar...
Home remedies to relieve coughs and colds
- Camomile and mint. This infusion is sedative and digestive; it relieves the pain and the intestinal inflammation. To prepare it, we have to use a teaspoonful of each one in a cup with hot water, let it rest for 2 minutes, strain it and drink.
- Yogurt. Its composition helps the reconstruction of the intestinal flora.
- Rice water. Boil rice with no-season water and strain it. Drink the water that is left from the cooking, it helps to calm the diarrhea.
- Apple juice with wheat germ. Consuming food with fibre is good for colitis or diarrhea.
- Honey and pollen. Mix two spoonfuls of honey with one of pollen grain and spread it over a slide of bran or rye bread. Eat it slow.
- Apple and honey. Prepare mashed apples (grated apples) with a spoonful of honey. Eat it slow one or twice a day.
- Quince. Quince jelly is ideal to "stop", like grandmothers used to say, diarrhea or colitis.
- Oats. Cook one or two spoonfuls of oats or barley with a teaspoonful of sugar.
Remember than losing liquids is worse when you have diarrhea or colitis compared to the days that you are healthy, that's why it is really important to have a good hydration.
"Eating foods with fiber, such as apple juice with wheat germ is good for colitis or diarrhea."
Note. If the diarrhea last more than two days or there are traces of blood in the excrement, you must go to the doctor immediately.